


After just making it to attend the Goodbye dinner last night (Saturday), Mark and I hadn't eaten anything - I think I managed 5 bites of some plain naan, we planned to see some of New Delhi on Sunday depending on how we were feeling. At about 11am we met up with Sarah & Hayley and got a tuk-tuk outside the front who was stalking us on his first day and went around to a few places including a Jewellery store (his cousins), a carpet and small knick-knacks place and a temple.
I was so hot and feeling so bad after only 40-mins that I said we needed to head back to the hotel. The girls kept going and we just spent the day inside. I went through at least 2 litres of water in about 2hrs and drank the salt replacement drinks, even though they are normally for Delhi belly but thought it was a good idea seeing as though I wasn't eating.
We were flying out quite late that night and ended up paying to extend the hotel room, so we could leave as late as possible (6pm).
My fever was still very high and Mark still had his symptoms so we had another uncomfortable flight to Singapore but we were so excited to be in a cleaner, more Western location.

No comments:
Post a Comment