Friday, 21 November 2008

Thurs 13th - Finally home

After another very difficult flight where I was still extremely itchy, still not eating and desparate to get home and into my own place, about 1 hr out of Melbourne I started feeling extremely ill as we had a lot of turbulence. I had been sitting apart from Mark by about 10 rows because it was a very full flight and so he didn't know how bad I was.

The flight attendant said because I had a fever and was vomiting (although I wasn't as it turned out), they'd have to get the AQIS / Quarantine guys to come and check me out. Naturally that pissed off about 400 people on the flight (including myself) who just wanted to leave and get home or to their onward journey. Finally after 45-mins they came on board, I advised them of the doctors comments and that I knew what was wrong. They still needed to spray the cabin in case I was contagious!

Getting home and having a shower was brilliant and luckily the weather was quite mild for November (only about 20 degrees). I managed to get another doctors appointment in Melbourne and she suggested blood tests and to go 'off' the drugs the Singaporean doctor had prescribed. Then I just collapsed at home and drank heaps of water and more of those salt replacement sachets.

It took until late on Friday till I had my first few bites of food (6 days) and I wasn't really having a full sense of appetite till about Sunday night.

Whilst we both had a fabulous time in India, it was a shame about how it ended. A great pity for Singapore as well as we really didn't get to explore any of it! Oh well, next time.

Now been back at work a week and starting to feel more human.

No comments: