



Mark had chosen a gorgeous and very expensive Design hotel (www.newmajestichotel.com) which lived up to all expectations. We arrived very early (around 7.30am) and they said they don't allow people into the rooms before 3pm but they allowed us to come in around 12pm because they could see how sick we were.
To kill time, we found somewhere for Mark to have breakfast and then saw the first movie on at the local shopping centre in Chinatown - Quantum of Solace (James Bond film) which was actually quite good.
Luckily by the time that finished the room was ready and we crashed for the rest of the day. I was still quite bad, as was Mark so we go the details from the Hotel staff for a doctor. We had hoped to eat at some nice restaurants in Singapore, including the hotel restaurant as the chef had recently won some awards but we didn't eat anything. After trying to eat something for 3-5 bites I wouldn't be able to put anything else in my mouth.
Tuesday we woke up ill again so went straight to the Doctor after a miniscule breakfast (half a scrambled egg for me), and he suggested some drugs and lots of bed rest. My skin was still very hot and it's so humid in Singapore that I could only cope with walking for about 5-mins before having to rest. The weird thing I noticed about Singapore is that there are NO public seats anywhere! Weak from no food, it took quite a while to get to the doctors and back. That day we spent in the hotel again and the staff were lovely to us.
Tuesday night I developed a crazy all over rash and was extremely itchy. ON Wednesday, we went back to the doctors and he thought I might have been allergic to Penicillin and so suggested I stop it immediately but couldn't really suggest much for the rash. Back at the hotel, we paid to spend the longest possible time there before heading to the airport for our late night flight. We left at 6pm in pouring rain.

1 comment:
HI Ash
We're back home now in Melbourne but we stayed at New Majestic Hotel which was lovely. In Chinatown area.
Post a Comment